Heartland Industries provides employment options tailored to meet the needs of the clients as much as possible. Together with case managers and their families or guardians, we can work together to find services and solutions for people with any disability or medical/behavioral need.
Heartland’s Community of Clients
- People with small to very complex behavioral needs.
- People who are non verbal, non ambulatory, or have very complex medical needs.
- Those who need a realm of service throughout the day, which may include but not be limited to, personal cares, therapy and work options.
- People with additional abilities, who may be ambulatory, verbal, and semi-independent and/or independent in work skills.
- People with developmental disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injury, serious and persistent mental illness and any other related condition.
- We primarily serve adults but can serve minors with an approved variance from the Department of Human Services.
How to Arrange for Heartland Industries Services
To arrange services with Heartland Industries, clients must be eligible to receive case management from their County’s disability services division. The case manager makes a referral and an application is completed. Upon acceptance by Heartland Industries, the case manager authorizes funding for the support services.
Funding for Heartland Industries Services
Services at Heartland Industries can be financed through a number of funding streams. Common funding sources include the Developmental Disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals waiver programs, Medical Assistance, county CSSA funds, Client Directed Community Supports, as well as private pay.
Contact Heartland Industries to arrange services for your client or family member today!